Audiobook In The Works


Those who follow this blog know that last summer I released my very first book Inference To The One True God: Why I Believe In Jesus Instead Of Other Gods. The book examines several arguments for God's existence, well known in the apologetics community, but looks at them from a slightly different angle. After defending the arguments and addressing various objections the secular world throws at them, I then examine which God or gods is consistent with the argument's conclusion. Contrary to what atheists frequently say, these arguments can't "be used to prove the existence of any ole' God". Most of them demonstrate the existence of a Being which bears certain attributes and only The Bible's God has those same attributes. The other gods of other religions don't even come close to having all of the attributes of the God proven to exist by The Moral Argument or the God proven to exist by the Ontological Argument, for examples. According to the law of identity, we should conclude therefore, that the God of The Bible and the God of the Cosmological, Telological, Moral, and Ontological Arguments are same being.

The paperback and Kindle versions of this book are available on Amazon.com for anyone who hasn't yet read them. I highly recommend it to both Christians and skeptics alike. Christians; so that you will be equipped with good solid answers when non-Christians ask you why they should believe that Christianity is true. Skeptics; so that you will be convinced that Jesus is the One True God, and that by believing, you may have life in His name (John 17:3, John 20:31).

Over the past 3 weeks, I've been working on an Audiobook version of the book. It will hopefully be available in early June. I'm recording it using Audacity and I will publish it through ACX. I decided to go digital for a variety of reasons. One reason is because I know that the audiobook industry is growing. More and more people are getting into listening to books on their MP3 Players, CD Players, their phones, computers, etc. Another reason is that I know some people just don't like reading, but they do enjoy audiobooks. Making an audiobook version of Inference To The One True God will expand the number of people I'm able to reach and impact. Some people are blind and have no choice but to have books read to them. Essentially, making an audio version of Inference To The One True God will grow the number of people I'm able to reach and impact. That's the primary reason I even made the paperback version. I didn't write it to make money, I wrote it to reach out to doubters, skeptics, seekers, and unequipped Christians.

Making a high-quality audiobook has been a little tricky since I'm not really a voice over kind of guy. I'm a writer, not a recorder. Microsoft Word and Blogger are my areas of expertise. And I had a really rocky start, as anyone following my personal Facebook account can attest. Nevertheless, I think I'm doing an incredible job for a first timer. I listen to audiobooks myself, so I know how they're supposed to sound. If you're at all doubtful, I plan on uploading a small number of chapters to YouTube as free samples to advertise the book as well to show people what they're getting is good quality.

So be on the lookout for this audiobook's release. You can keep a tab on it by following Cerebral Faith on Twitter (@CerebralFaith) and by liking our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/cerebralfaith/. I'll post about it when it's released just like I did with the paperback and Kindle versions.

Moreover, I have another book coming out called A Hellacious Doctrine: A Biblical Defense Of The Doctrine Of Hell. If it is God's Will, I'll hopefully have it released at around the same time. So keep in touch.